All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConstruction Studies Today emphasises design features throughout and also includes pictorial and sectional views of technical details, all reflecting current examination questions. The numerous hand-drawn images in full colour are similar to what students are expected to produce under exam conditions. New construction techlogies are explained to give students an up to date grasp of design issues, new materials and construction techniques. Construction Studies Today outlines best practice in the Irish context and the importance of complying with Irish and EU regulations. Topics dealt with include many which have featured in the Leaving Certificate examination in recent years: Heritage and Conservation; Planning; Sustainability; Conservation and Energy; Site Safety; Timber Frame Construction; Sunspaces. The concise and easy to follow text is accompanied by revision questions, many of which have appeared on past examination papers.
- Author BiographyTrevor Hickey taught Construction Studies at Crescent College Comprehensive before his recent appointment as Course Leader for Materials and Construction Technology Education at the University of Limerick. He is also an experienced examiner for Leaving Certificate Construction Studies.
- Author(s)Trevor Hickey
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintGill & Macmillan Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/02/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1131 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.63Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.