All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Consuelo Vanderbilt's grandfather died, he was the richest man in America. Her father soon started to spend the family fortune, enthusiastically supported by Consuelo's mother, Alva, who was determined to take the family to the top of New York society forcing a heartbroken Consuelo into a marriage she did t want with the underfunded Duke of Marlborough. But the story of Consuelo and Alva is more than a tale of enterprising social ambition, Gilded Age glamour, and the emptiness of wealth. It is a fascinating account of two extraordinary women who struggled to break free from the world into which they were born a world of materialistic concerns and shallow elitism in which females were voiceless and powerless and of their lifelong dedication to ble and dangerous causes and the battle for women's rights.
- Author(s)Amanda MacKenzie Stuart
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleP.S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.