Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings: Save Money, Save the Earth by Katie Ackerly, Alex Wilson, Jennifer Thorne Amann (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasing the energy efficiency of your home can save you money, help the environment, and enhance your comfort, but how do you decide which improvements are the most beneficial and cost-effective? Completely revised to incorporate the latest developments in green techlogy, Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings is the definitive resource for consumers who want to better their home's performance while reducing their energy bills. Well-organized and highly readable, Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings begins with an overview of the relationships between energy use, ecomics, and the environment. Updated and expanded chapters focus on specific aspects of any home, such as heating and cooling, ventilation, electronics, lighting, cooking, and laundry, and provide helpful explanations for each, including: * Energy use characteristics * Comparisons between available techlogies * Cost-effective repair and replacement options * Step-by-step guidance for finding the right equipment This comprehensive resource is packed with tips on improving existing equipment and guidance for when and why to invest in new purchases, as well as a reminder to check local government and utilities for purchase or retrofit grants or incentives. It is a must-read for anyone concerned about reducing both their energy bills and their environmental impact. Jennifer Thorne Amann is the buildings program director at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Ecomy (ACEEE). Alex Wilson is the founder of BuildingGreen, Inc, executive editor of Environmental Building News, and author of Green Building Products and Your Green Home Katie Ackerly is a researcher at the Center for the Built Environment and a graduate student in architecture ate the University of California, Berkeley.
- Author BiographyJennifer Thorne Amann is the Buildings Program Director at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. She has written numerous articles and reports on energy use in buildings, appliances and consumer products with the goal of educating citizens on a range of environmental and consumer issues. Katie Ackerly conducts research on building efficiency for the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. She has produced a number of reports on residential and commercial building technologies. She also helps manage ACEEE's online consumer resources and has several years of experience as an artist and illustrator.
- Author(s)Alex Wilson,Jennifer Thorne Amann,Katie Ackerly
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteB&W illustrations and tables throughout
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.51Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.