All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThere has been an increasing recognition that financial kwledge (i.e., literacy) is lacking across the population. Moreover, there is recognition that this lack of kwledge poses real problems as credit, mortgages, health insurance, retirement benefits, and savings and investment decisions become increasingly complex. Financial Decisions Across the Lifespan brings together the work of scholars from various disciplines (family and consumer sciences, ecomics, law, finance, sociology, and public policy) to provide a broad range of perspectives on financial kwledge, financial decisions, and policies. For consistency across the volume each chapter follows a similar format: (1) what individuals kw or need to kw (2) how what they kw or need to kw affects financial decisions and outcomes (3) ways in which policies or programs or financial invations can enhance their kwledge, or decisions, or outcomes. Contributors will provide both new and existing research to create a valuable picture of the state of financial literacy and how it can be improved.
- Author BiographyDouglas Lamdin is a professor of economics at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He has also been a visiting professor of finance at the R.H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park. His teaching is primarily the introductory finance course, and the investments course (undergraduate and MBA). He has published more than 20 articles on financial economics and the economics of education in journals such as Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Journal of Regulatory Economics, Review of Economics and Statistics, Education Economics, and Contemporary Economic Policy. He edited The Managerial Economics Reader, Blackwell, 1994. He also serves on the editorial board of Business Economics, the journal of the National Association for Business Economics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/11/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleInternational Series on Consumer Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight678 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDouglas J. Lamdin
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.