Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this casebook, like others in the Ius Commune Series, is to help uncover common roots, twithstanding differences in approach, of the European legal systems, with a view to strengthening the common legal heritage of Europe. The casebook covers the big legal families in the EU and contains judgments from the supreme courts and other courts of the Member States. In view of the importance of EC legislation (eg harmonisation directives and regulations) in this field, the consumer law casebook contains much material derived from Community law, such as extracts from directives (eg on unfair contract terms, distance selling, doorstep selling, product liability, unfair commercial pratices etc) and judgments of the ECJ and national court decisions. Furthermore, attention is paid to the way in which, when interpreting EC directives in the consumer field, the ECJ refers to concepts common to the legal systems of the Member States and how the courts of the Member States incorporate the concepts found in the directives (as interpreted by the ECJ) in their legal systems. The casebook also compares harmonised and pre-harmonised law, especially in the case law of the Member States. The casebook concentrates on private law in the field of consumer protection but also addresses topics, in particular in the field of enforcement, that are primarily a matter of public law. Please click on the link below to visit the series website: www.casebooks.eu/consumerLaw.
- Author BiographyHans-W Micklitz is Professor of Law at the European University Institute, Florence Jules Stuyck is Professor of Law at the K.U.Leuven, Belgium and director of the Study Centre for Consumer Law. Evelyne Terryn is Professor of Law at the K.U.Leuven, Belgium and a member of the Study Centre for Consumer Law.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2010
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleIus Commune Casebooks for the Common Law of Europe
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight800 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byEvelyne Terryn,Jules Stuyck,Professor Hans W. Micklitz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.