Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary urban consumption touches the everyday lives of most citizens and permeates discussion of society and culture today. Consuming Cities looks at this topic from perspectives in both sociology and cultural theory, drawing together references from mainstream and also less obvious sources in both literatures. Each chapter includes a specific case of a city or aspect of consumption, ranging from a history of urban consumption, gambling to the consumption of culture and its place in tourism to the consumption palace of the cruise liner. This definitive and accessible book will be an invaluable resource to a wide range of students. MARKET 1: Courses on Urban Culture; the City; Urban Sociology for undergraduate students of Sociology; Cultural Studies; Urban Studies; Human Geography MARKET 2: Related courses taught on undergraduate degrees in Urban Planning; Architecture and Design; Community Studies; Related courses at postgraduate level; Good export potential
- Author BiographyMALCOLM MILES is Reader in Cultural Theory in the School of Art and Design at the University of Plymouth. He is author of Art, Space and the City (Routledge, 1997) and The Uses of Decoration: Essays in the Architectural Everyday (Wiley, 2000). He is a member of the Board of Landscape Research Group and of the Council of Management of Spaces Gallery. STEVEN MILES is Head of Research, Centre for Cultural Policy and Management at the University of Northumbria. He is author of Consumerism as a Way of Life (Sage 1998), Youth Lifestyles in a Changing World (Open University Press, 2000) and the forthcoming Social Theory in the Real World (Sage, in press). He has co-edited a special edition of Urban Studies on 'Urban Consumption' and is also a member of the editorial boards of Consumption, Markets and Culture and the Journal of Youth Studies. He is currently co-editing a collection for Harwood Academic Press entitled The Changing Consumer.
- Author(s)Malcolm Miles,Steven Miles
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.