All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is Contatti? Contatti, the best-selling Italian course for adult beginners, is aimed at those wishing to learn Italian from scratch in a classroom environment. Contatti 1 is the first part of this two-stage Italian course for adult learners who are either starting from scratch or have a basic kwledge of the language. Whether learning for work or pleasure, Contatti gives a thorough grounding in the language enabling learners to speak, read, write and understand contemporary Italian. Where does the Audio and Support Book Pack fit within the Contatti 1 Range? Audio and Support book pack (9781444133172): Supplementary to the Coursebook. The Audio and Support book pack provides the listening element of the course, along with transcripts and answers. It contains: - 2 audio CDs - 1 Support Book containing a key to the exercises and recording transcripts. Also available as...Coursebook (9781444133141): The primary text for the Contatti 1 course. Includes 14 thematic lessons and covers the skills and structures required at GCSE level and equivalent. Course Pack (9781444133134): Contatti 1 Coursebook + Contatti 1 Audio and Support Book Pack. The Course Pack contains: - 1 copy of the third edition of the Coursebook - 3 audio CDs (3 hours of recordings) - 2 Support Books containing a key to the exercises and recording transcripts. Activity Book (978144139363): Supplementary to the Coursebook or Course Pack. The activity book is a workbook providing stimulating practice material which complements the tasks presented in the Contatti 1 Coursebook. Activities include word searches, crosswords, cultural quizzes, extra reading and comprehension tasks, and gap filling conjugation exercises. What will I learn with the Contatti 1 range? Key language structures Contatti 1, the first part of the course, introduces the key structures of the language over 14 thematic lessons with the emphasis placed firmly on communication. Vocabulary and grammar From the outset, a realistic range of registers and vocabulary encourage development of the essential skill of comprehension. There are regular opportunities for revision and consolidation, and vocabulary and grammar support are given both at the end of each lesson and in full at the end of the book. GCSE level material It covers the skills and structures required at GCSE level and similar. Culture and skills for daily life This third edition has been brought completely up to date, with particular attention paid to improving and simplifying the explanations of grammar and language structure. New online content offers further opportunities for learners to practise their skills. How will I learn with the Contatti 1 range? Authentic reading and listening material Authentic reading and listening materials are used extensively for a wide range of lively activities based on everyday situations in Italy. Group work and independent study Contatti 1 is ideal for group work but can also be used for individual study. Audio support and additional material The Course pack includes a coursebook fully illustrated in colour, 2 audio CDs containing the listening element of the course and a support booklet with all the answers to the exercises together with recording transcripts. What is new in the third edition? Improvements and additions The new edition has improvements and additions based on ideas and feedback from tutors across the country. There is also w simple navigation between the book and CDs, with clearly marked references in the coursebook. Interactive quizzes and exercises Brush up and reinforce your learning at home, with fun, interactive online quizzes and exercises. Or use them in class with a group.
- Author BiographyBoth authors are experienced teachers of Italian. Mariolina Freeth lectures at Kingsway College and is a former Lecturer in Italian, Queen Mary College (University of London) Language Centre. Giuliana Checketts lectures in Italian at Thames Valley University, London.
- Author(s)Giuliana Checketts,Mariolina Freeth
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Noteno
- Weight178 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-Audio and Paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.