All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionContemplating Curriculum takes up world-rewned curricular scholar, teacher, and mentor Ted T. Aoki's invitation to contemplate where curriculum scholars situate themselves in their work. At the same time it probes into the historical and present conditions that make it both possible and impossible to attend to this work in classrooms and communities in mindful, embodied, and aesthetic ways, both locally and globally. The book offers a strong representative sampling of contemporary thinking in the field with a focus on contemplative approaches to curriculum. In their theorizing, contributors call on literary and other mixed-genre formats, such as creative nfiction, poetry, and essay. They ackwledge the importance of intergenerational dialogue and recognize the importance of time and place in curricular, pedagogical, and personal sense-making. These written and visual texts invite contemplation on tions of curriculum, both planned and lived, in an Aokian spirit of intertextuality.
- Author BiographyWanda Hurren is Associate Dean, Faculty of Education, University of Victoria, Canada. Erika L. Hasebe-Ludt is Professor, Faculty of Education, University of Lethbridge, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Curriculum Theory Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byErika Hasebe-Ludt,Wanda Hurren
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.