All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemplative pedagogy is a way for instructors to: * empower students to integrate their own experience into the theoretical material they are being taught in order to deepen their understanding; * help students to develop sophisticated problem-solving skills; * support students sense of connection to and compassion for others; and * engender inquiries into students most profound questions. Contemplative practices are used in just about every discipline from physics to ecomics to history and are found in every type of institution. Each year more and more faculty, education reformers, and leaders of teaching and learning centers seek out best practices in contemplative teaching, and w can find them here, brought to you by two of the foremost leaders and invators on the subject. This book presents background information and ideas for the practical application of contemplative practices across the academic curriculum from the physical sciences to the humanities and arts. Examples of contemplative techniques included in the book are mindfulness, meditation, yoga, deep listening, contemplative reading and writing, and pilgrimage, including site visits and field trips.
- Author BiographyDaniel P. Barbezat is professor of economics at Amherst College and executive director of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society. He has been a visiting professor at Northwestern University and Yale University and has taught in the summer program at Harvard University. Mirabai Bush is senior fellow and founding director of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, a nonprofit organization that encourages contemplative awareness in American life in order to create a more just, compassionate, and reflective society.
- Author(s)Daniel P. Barbezat,Mirabai Bush
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight412 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.