All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Foster, author of the bestselling Reading with God and Deep Calls to Deep (Bloomsbury), extends their discussion of contemplative prayer in terms of its philosophical framework. Contrasting a traditional framework with one based on continental philosophy, Foster explores a number of metaphysical and epistemological questions as well as the place of silence in a philosophy of language. He defends traditional insights of the mystical tradition, including its underlying metaphysical realism, religious experience as awareness of God, and the role of apophatic discourse in mysticism, arguing that the sense of God's absence can be a threshold of prayer.
- Author BiographyDom David Foster is a Benedictine monk of Downside Abbey, where he was Prior and Novice Master, as well as Chaplain of Downside School. He now teaches in the Benedictine College of Sant' Anselmo in Rome.
- Author(s)David Foster
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight245 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.