All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionAsia produces more films than any other part of the world. With chapters on Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Korea, Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan, the book presents the most authoritative assessment of contemporary Asian cinema available. Each chapter describes the cultural aspects of popular film production, analyzing key films in the context of the national, the regional and the global. Topics covered include: film theory and Asian cinema, popular film genres, major industry figures, the art film , connections between the state and commercial interests, cultural policies, representations of national identity, trends in international co-production, transnational and diasporic dimensions of Asian filmmaking and viewing, the politics of language choice, the impact of emerging techlogies on filmmaking practice, and modes of exhibition. This book is ideal for students, scholars, and anyone interested in popular culture and Asian films in a changing world.
- Author BiographyAnne Tereska Ciecko is Associate Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. Her work on Asian and Asian diaspora cinemas has appeared widely in journals and anthologies.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleAsian Cinema
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight392 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAnne Tereska Ciecko
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.