All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary British and Irish Poetry provides an engaging, stimulating and lively introduction to the subject. Sarah Broom covers poets from a broad range of ethnic and regional backgrounds and explores a wide variety of poetic styles, including well-kwn names like Seamus Heaney and Carol Ann Duffy alongside more experimental poets like Tom Raworth and Geraldine Monk. The book discusses all of the most compelling issues with which students, readers and writers of poetry are engaged today: - class consciousness and ecomic divisions in society - political conflict and violence - gender, sex and embodiment, and the intersections of gender and nation - race and ethnicity - the self, subjectivity and agency - the relationships between the so-called 'mainstream' of British and Irish poetry and 'experimental' and 'performance poetry' communities. Including close readings of individual poems, and providing a sense of the parameters of the relevant critical and theoretical debates, this is an indispensable guide for all those interested in the work of some of Britain's and Ireland's most successful and exciting contemporary poets.
- Author BiographySARAH BROOM, formerly Lecturer in English Literature at Somerville College, Oxford and at Oxford Brookes, has held a Research Fellowship in English Literature at Massey University, New Zealand. She has published numerous articles and reviews on contemporary British and Irish poetry.
- Author(s)Sarah Broom
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication18/10/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.