Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionPrimarily a text for courses in Business Law, Contemporary Business Law can also serve as a handy resource/reference for newcomers to the world of business. ' Take students beyond rote memorization and into true understanding of the concepts and their implications. ' This motivating, up-to-date text presents business law, ethics, and the legal environment in a way that intrigues students, spurs them to ask questions, and takes them beyond rote memorization as they learn the issues and concepts. With its emphasis on covering online law and e-commerce as key parts of the legal environment-as well as today's social, ethical, and international issues that are important to the study of business law-it's the ideal text for your one- or two-semester undergraduate course in Business Law. ' This text provides a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how: *Tailor the material to your specific course with the Custom Database option.*Draw students into the material with a rich selection of cases.*Address issues critical to the field of business law today.
- Author BiographyHenry R. Cheeseman is professor emeritus of the Marshall School of Business of the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, California. Professor Cheeseman earned a bachelor's degree in finance from Marquette University, both a master's in business administration (MBA) and a master's in business taxation (MBT) from the University of Southern California, a juris doctor (JD) degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, a master's degree with an emphasis on law and economics from the University of Chicago, and a master's in law (LLM) degree in financial institutions law from Boston University. Professor Cheeseman was director of the Legal Studies in Business Program at the University of Southern California. Professor Cheeseman taught business law, legal environment, and ethics courses in both the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and undergraduate programs of the Marshall School of Business of the University of Southern California. At the MBA level, he developed and taught courses on corporate governance, securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions, and bankruptcy law. At the undergraduate level, he taught courses on business law, the legal environment of business, ethics, business organizations, cyber law, and intellectual property. Professor Cheeseman received the Golden Apple Teaching Award on many occasions by being voted by the students as the best professor at the Marshall School of Business of the University of Southern California. He was named a fellow of the Center for Excellence in Teaching at the University of Southern California by the dean of the Marshall School of Business. The USC's Torch and Tassel Chapter of the Mortar Board, a national senior honor society, tapped Professor Cheeseman for recognition of his leadership, commitment, and excellence in teaching. Professor Cheeseman writes leading business law and legal environment textbooks that are published by Pearson Education, Inc. These include Business Law: Legal Environment, Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and International Issues; Contemporary Business Law; and The Legal Environment of Business and Online Commerce. Professor Cheeseman has also co- authored a textbook entitled Contemporary Employment Law. Professor Cheeseman is an avid traveler and amateur photographer. The interior photographs for this book were taken by Professor Cheeseman.
- Author(s)Henry R. Cheeseman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date21/04/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1800 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.