Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Cape Cod artists go beyond the landscape for inspiration. They are inspired by people of interest to them; by the dynamic activity of figures; by the calm of a still life; and by the fascination of an interior view, whether home, public place, or their imagination. Deborah Forman interviewed forty-five artists, representing a spectrum of mediums and styles, who shared with her their inspirations and approaches, their personal lives, and their art. There are many intriguing stories. Their connections to art history and its various movements are explored. In this lavishly illustrated volume, the work of painters, sculptors, photographers, and printmakers is presented. Along with the images, fascinating written portraits of the artists give insight into their creative talents and an understanding of their motivations. A picture develops of the importance of art in our society, t only for the artist, but for all of us.
- Author BiographyDeborah Forman is the author of Perspectives on the Provincetown Art Colony and Contemporary Cape Cod Artists: Images of Land and Sea. She has interviewed hundreds of artists for her books and articles on Cape Cod and New England.
- Author(s)Deborah Forman
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note390 colour illus
- Weight1610 g
- Width305 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.