All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe last decade has seen the emergence of a whole new generation of church designs. Covering buildings across the world, Contemporary Church Architecture aims to appeal t only to architects and clergy involved directly in ecclesiastical architecture but also other practitioners and those with a broader interest in cutting-edge design. This book covers the development of contemporary church design by looking at how the rational and the sacred can be reconciled and can inform one ather. It also outlines the main trends and approaches: the conflict between self-expression and expression of the sacred, between sculptural signification and functionalism. Beautifully illustrated with around 350 photographs.
- Author BiographyEdwin Heathcote is the architecture critic for the Financial Times and is a regular contributor to architecture and design magazines. He is an architect and lives and works in London. In 2001, he founded a design manufacturer, Ize specialising in architect-designed hardware. He is the author of several books for Wiley-Academy, including Church Builders (1996) and London Caffs (2004). Laura Moffatt is Director of Art and Christianity Enquiry (ACE), the UK's leading educational organisation in the field of the visual arts and religion. ACE runs a biennial award scheme for religious architecture and regular seminars on the synthesis of art and architecture in the religious context. Laura is also continuing a theological study of Modernist church architecture.
- Author(s)Edwin Heathcote,Laura Moffatt
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2007
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1324 g
- Width223 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.