All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) is a comprehensive, one-volume work written by leading international figures in the field focusing on a wide range of theoretical and methodological issues. It explains key terms and concepts, synthesizes the research literature and explores the implications of new and emerging techlogies. The book includes chapters on key aspects for CALL such as design, teacher education, evaluation, teaching online and testing, as well as new trends such as social media. The volume takes a broad look at CALL and explores how a variety of theoretical approaches have emerged as influences including socio-cultural theory, constructivism and new literacy studies. A glossary of terms to support those new to CALL as well as to allow those already engaged in the field to deepen their existing kwledge is also provided. Contemporary CALL is essential reading for postgraduate students of language teaching as well as researchers in related fields involved in the study of computer-assisted learning.
- Author BiographyMichael Thomas is Senior Lecturer in Language Learning Technologies at the University of Central Lancashire, UK, and Editor of International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments. Hayo Reinders is Head of Learner Development at Middlesex University, London, UK, and Editor of Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching. Mark Warschauer is a Professor in the Department of Education and the Department of Informatics at the University of California, Irvine, and co-editor of Language Learning and Technology.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- Series TitleContemporary Studies in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHayo Reinders,Mark Warschauer,Michael Thomas
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.