Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Conversations on Immigration in the United States: The View from Prince George's County, Maryland contextualizes the narratives of international migrants arriving to Prince George's County, Maryland from 1968 to 2009. The life course trajectories of seventy individuals and their networks, organized chrologically to include life in the country of origin, the journey, and settlement in the county, frame migration as social issue rather than social problem. Having internalized the American dream, immigrants toil to achieve upward social mobility while constructing an immigrant space that nurtures well-being. This book demonstrates that an immigrant's experience is grounded in personal, social, ecomic, and political spheres of influence, and reflects the complexity of migrants' stories to help demystify homogeus categorization.
- Author BiographyJudith Noemi Freidenberg is professor of anthropology at the University of Maryland and director of The Anthropology of the Immigrant Life Course Research Program.
- Author(s)Judith Noemi Freidenberg
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleThe Anthropology of Well-Being: Individual, Community, Society
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 10 tables
- Weight467 g
- Width159 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.