All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Galician Culture in a Global Context: Movable Identities sheds light on a dialogical dynamic of constant movement in which Galicia's identity is constructed and represented. The cultural studies approach of this book goes beyond literary texts to examine other forms of cultural production including myths, music, parks, the Internet, and films, all of which are understood as powerful discursive tools that promote a dual representation of Galicia's identity.
- Author BiographyEugenia R. Romero is assistant professor of Spanish literatures and cultures at The Ohio State University. Galicia and her native U.S.-Mexico border bear some common characteristics intrinsic to issues on identity, language, and culture. Her Spanish/Galician literary and cultural studies interest informs her research and she has authored articles on topics such as amusement parks and cemeteries, popular music, and emigration; her works have been published by the Journal of Spanish Cultural Studies, Hispanic Bulletin, and Hispanic Review.
- Author(s)Eugenia R. Romero
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.