All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Issues and Challenges in HRM Third Edition provides an up-to-date overview and analysis of the diverse and complex range of issues currently confronting the field of human resource management. Adopting a critical approach the authors review theories of HRM and apply these principles to emerging themes that exemplify the dynamic working environment confronting global organisations today.
The analysis is supported by examples and cases designed to provide the reader with a functional kwledge and appreciation of current human resource management (HRM) issues. The exploration highlights the challenges for HR professionals who are increasingly expected to provide leadership in the management of employees as a key source of organizational competitive advantage.
Now divided into four parts a The Contemporary Workplace Managing the Individual at Work Conflict at Work and Emerging Issues a Contemporary Issues and Challenges in HRM Third Edition presents both critical and emerging issues in an even more accessible format.
- Author BiographyPeter Holland is Associate Professor in Human Resource Management and Employee Relations in the Department of Management at Monash University in Melbourne Australia. Peter has worked in the Australian Finance industry and conA--sulted to the private and public sector in a variety areas related to human resource management and employee relations. His current research interests include talent management employee voice and monitoring and surveillance in the workplace. He has co-authored 8 books and over 60 journal articles monographs and book chapters on a wide range of human resource management and employee relations.
Cathy Sheehan is a Senior Lecturer within the Department of Management at Monash University and an active member of the Australian Centre for Research in Employment and Work (ACREW). Cathy has taught across the areas of Accounting Management and more recently HRM and International HRM. Resultant publications have appeared in International Journal of Human Resource Management Personnel Review Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources and her recent co-authored text Contemporary Issues and Challenges in HRM as well as numerous media citations.
Ross Donohue is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Management at Monash University Australia. He is a registered psychologist and a member of the Australian Psychological Society. His current research interests relate to personality-environment fit and career change the influences of emotional intelligence and transformational leadership on career advancement psychological contracts and organisational justice and the predictors of organisational commitment. Ross has published in leading international journals such as the Journal of Vocational Behavior and the Journal of Employment Counseling and has authored book chapters on careers and employment.
Amanda Pyman is a Senior Lecturer in the Dept of Management at Monash University in Melbourne Australia. Previously Amanda worked as a lecturer at the University of Kent in the UK. She also held the roles of Deputy Director MBA Programmes and Director Athens MBA Programme. Amanda has published widely in leading international journals including the British Journal of Industrial Relations in addition to contributing to several books. Amandaa's current research interests include: employee voice union renewal strategies in a comparative perspective and privacy in the workplace.
Belinda Allen is a Lecturer in the Department of Management at Monash University Australia. Prior to that she was a research fellow and lecturer at Melbourne University Australia. She is currently involved in a longitudinal Australian Research Council (ARC) project examining the effects of job changes on wellbeing and occupational drift amongst nurses in the aged care sector. Belinda regularly presents her research findings at prominent international conferences and has also published articles in several leading international journals including Work Employment & Society and the British Journal of Industrial Relations.
- Author(s)Amanda Pyman,Belinda Allen,Cathy Sheehan,Peter Holland,Ross Donohoe
- PublisherTilde Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPrahran
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintTilde Publishing
- Weight612 g
- Width200 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.