All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Issues in Bioethics: A Catholic Perspective applies the best of the Roman Catholic theological and ethical tradition to some of the most controversial and complex bioethical topics that confront contemporary society. Walter and Shann combine clear, concise and accessible prose with teachable case studies on such issues as reproductive cloning, quality of life and clinical decision making, and the withdrawal of artificial nutrition and hydration. Divided into four sections-theological issues, issues at the beginning of life, issues with genetic medicine and the care of ill patients, and issues at the end of life- this book is ideal for use in college, university, and seminary courses on bioethics, as well as for medical professionals, policy makers, and individual readers.
- Author BiographyJames J. Walter is the Austin & Ann O'Malley Professor of Bioethics and Chair of The Bioethics Institute at Loyola Marymount University. He is co-author (with Thomas Shannon) of The New Genetic Medicine: Theological and Ethical Reflections. Thomas A. Shannon is Professor of Religion and Social Ethics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA. He is the editor of Rowman & Littlefield's Readings in Bioethics series.
- Author(s)James J. Walter,Thomas A. Shannon
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/11/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Weight440 g
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.