Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a follow-on from the author's previous bestselling title, Techniques of Kiln-formed Glass (1997). In recent years, kiln forming has taken over from glassblowing as the major glass art form, and where the last book was very much a guide to techniques, this one looks at artists putting them into practice. It is an overview of the contemporary scene, with most of the book showcasing the work of about 50 international glass makers using kiln-formed glass, with an account of their making techniques and artists statements. Contemporary Kiln-formed Glass also discusses the latest developments in the field in terms of materials and methods over the last 10 years. It also looks back at the fascinating history and background of glass in the art world, and uncovers new research into Amalric walter, one of the most invative artists to develop glass in 3D forms in the kiln.
- Author BiographyKeith Cummings is a British glass artist whose work appers in public an private collections around the world. Previously head of the Glass department at Wolverhampton University, he remains at the University as reader in Research Studies. His book Techniques of Kiln-formed Glass has become the classic text on the subject.
- Author(s)Keith Cummings
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note225, full colour throughout
- Weight1212 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.