Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Labor Ecomics, 9e presents the 'new' labor ecomics in a readable and logical fashion. The authors' focus in this edition is clearly on labor ecomics as an applied field of micro and macro theory. This volume is based on the assumption that labor ecomics is longer an area tangential to the core of analytical ecomics but rather a critical component of that core. However, since traditional topics such as labor law, structure of unions, and collective bargaining also play an important role in labor markets, they are also presented. In the ninth edition, the authors deliver new and updated discussions of public policy issues and expanded and updated coverage of the current ecomic crisis.
- Author BiographyCampbell R. McConnell earned his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa after receiving degrees from Cornell College and the University of Illinois. He taught at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln from 1953 until his retirement in 1990. He is also coauthor of Contemporary Labor Economics, Seventh edition, and Essentials of Economics, First edition (both The McGraw-Hill Companies), and has edited readers for the principles and labor economics courses. He is a recipient of both the University of Nebraska Distinguished Teaching Award and the James A. Lake Academic Freedom Award, and is past-president of the Midwest Economics Association. Professor McConnell was awarded an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Cornell College in 1973 and received its Distinguished Achievement Award in 1994. Stanley L. Brue did his undergraduate work at Augustana College (South Dakota) and received its Distinguished Achievement Award in 1991. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is a professor at Pacific Lutheran University, where he has been honored as a recipient of the Burlington Northern Faculty Achievement Award. Professor Brue has also received the national Leavey Award for excellence in economic education. He has served as national president and chair of the Board of Trustees of Omicron Delta Epsilon International Economics Honorary. He is coauthor of Economic Scenes, Fifth edition (Prentice-Hall), Contemporary Labor Economics, Seventh edition, Essentials of Economics, First edition (both The McGraw-Hill Companies), and The Evolution of Economic Thought, Seventh edition (South-Western).
- Author(s)Campbell R. McConnell,David MacPherson,Stanley L. Brue
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date01/12/2015
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight1113 g
- Width193 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.