All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Latina/o Performing Arts of Moraga, Tropicana, Fusco, and Bustamante demonstrates the crucial significance of looking at theatrical performance for rethinking critical inquiry. Leah Garland closely analyzes the theoretical tools with which prominent theater artists - Cherrie Moraga, Carmelita Tropicana, Coco Fusco, and Nao Bustamante - challenge neocolonial parameters for self-examination. Garland shows how the self-affirmative maneuvers that these artists deploy reconceptualize the subject in literary theory.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Leah Garland holds a Ph.D. from the Department of Performance Studies at New York University. Currently, she is Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts at the State University of New York at Geneseo. Her most recent scholarship is on acting and trance.
- Author(s)Leah Garland
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleModern American Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.