All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with an introduction that defines and explores privacy as a social and psychological concept and continuing with articles that discuss the ramifications of privacy for social policy, psychology and theory, this book provides an in-depth and insightful look at privacy as a pertinent social concern. Articles included address transborder data flows of personal information: public opinion and U.S. legislative responses to privacy: medical and genetic privacy: e-commerce from a justice theory perspective: employment selection procedures and invasiveness: individuals' means of resisting and neutralizing surveillance: links between privacy, secrecy and deception: and an evaluation of the contributions of Westin's and Altman's theories of privacy.
- Author BiographyStephen T. Margulis earned his doctorate in social psychology from the University of Minnesota. He taught in the Department of Psychology, University of Florida, was an applied environmental psychologist at the National Bureau of Standards, and then was Director of Research at BOSTI, an environmental design research and consulting firm. Since 1986, he was Eugene Eppinger Professor of Facilities Management and later Professor of Management in the Seidman School of Business, Grand Valley State University. He served on the Board of Directors of the Environmental Design Research Association and the International Facility Management Association. He co-authored the award-winning Using Office Design to Increase Productivity (Brill et al.) and the well-received Self Disclosure (Derlega et al.). He edited the 1977 Journal of Social Issues issue Privacy as a Behavioral Phenomenon.
- Author(s)Stephen T. Margulis
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleJournal of Social Issues (JOSI)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 59, No. 2
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Weight298 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.