All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is an attitude? How do different research approaches characterise 'attitude' and its applications in social psychology? The Attitude concept has long formed an indispensable construct in social psychology. In this volume, internationally rewned contributors review contemporary developments in research and theory to capture the current metamorphosis of this central concept. This book draws together the latest developments in the field to provide a scholarly and accessible overview of the study of attitudes, examining the implications for its position as a paradigm of social psychological understanding. Dividing the subject into two main parts, this book first addresses the structural and behavioural properties of attitudes, including the affective-cognitive structure of attitudes, the nature of attitude ambivalence and intention-behaviour relations. The second section focuses on representational and transformational processes, such as meta-cognitive attitudinal processes, the role of implicit and explicit attitudinal processes, cultural influences and attitude change. In a third, concluding section, the editors draw together these contemporary perspectives and elaborate on their impact for future theorising and research into attitudes. Empirically supported throughout, this collection represents a timely integration of the burgeoning range of approaches to attitude research. It will be of interest to social psychologists, sociologists, political scientists and researchers with an interest in attitudinal phemena.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Haddock is an established researcher in the field of attitudes and social cognition at the University of Cardiff. He is a regular contributor to leading journals in the field of Social Psychology. Gregory Maio forms part of the research group into Social Cognition and Relationships at the University of Cardiff. In 2001 he received the Spearman Medal for psychological work of outstanding merit from The British Psychological Society. Geoffrey Haddock and Greg Maio are established researchers in the field of attitudes and social cognition. They are both members of the Social Psychology Research Group at Cardiff University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey Haddock,Gregory R. Maio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.