All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor readers from both academia and industry wishing to pursue their studies and /or careers in planetary robotics, this book represents a one-stop tour of the history, evolution, key systems, and techlogies of this emerging field. The book provides a comprehensive introduction to the key techniques and techlogies that help to achieve automous space systems for cost-effective, high performing planetary robotic missions. Main topics covered include robotic vision, surface navigation, manipulation, mission operations and automy, being explained in both theoretical principles and practical use cases. The book recognizes the importance of system design hence discusses practices and tools that help take mission concepts to baseline design solutions, making it a practical piece of scientific reference suited to a variety of practitioners in planetary robotics.
- Author BiographyYang Gao, FIET FRAeS, is the Professor of Space Autonomous Systems within Surrey Space Centre at the University of Surrey, United Kingdom. She heads the Surrey Technology for Autonomous Systems and Robotics (STAR) Lab that specialises in autonomy & modeling, visual navigation, modern control theories, robot soil interaction and biomimetic mechanisms with applications to spacecraft and robots alike. She brings over sixteen years of R&D experience in solving robotic system problems, in which she have been a Principle Investigator of internationally teamed projects funded by European and UK research funding bodies as well as commercial companies. Prof. Gao is also actively involved in real world space mission development and championing the Surrey Low-cost Space Engineering Approach within missions like ExoMars, Proba3, LM1, LPSR, CABLE, MoonLITE, and Moonraker.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight1068 g
- Width177 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byYang Gao
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.