All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative collection of the seminal texts in post-war political philosophy has w been updated and expanded. * Reprints key articles, mainly unabridged, touching upon the nature of the state, democracy, justice, rights, liberty, equality and oppression. * Includes work from politics, law and ecomics, as well as from continental and analytic philosophy. * Now includes thirteen additional texts, taking account of recent developments in the field and reflecting the most pressing concerns in international affairs. * Can be used alongside A Companion to Contemporary Political Philosophy (Blackwell Publishing, 1993; second edition in preparation) as the basis for a systematic introduction to the subject.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Goodin is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy and of Social and Political Theory in the Research School of Social Sciences at Australian National University. He was the Founding Editor of Blackwell's Journal of Political Philosophy and General Editor of the ten-volume series of Oxford Handbooks of Political Science, in which he himself co-edits volumes on Public Policy (with Michael Moran and Martin Rein) and Contextual Political Analysis (with Charles Tilly). His recent own books include Reflective Democracy (2003) and What's Wrong with Terrorism? (2006). Philip Pettit is L.S.Rockefeller University Professor of Politics and Human Values at Princeton University. His recent publications include The Economy of Esteem, (2004, co-authored with Geoffrey Brennan), Rules, Reasons and Norms (2002), A Theory of Freedom (2001), Republicanism (1997), and Three Methods of Ethics (Blackwell 1997, co-authored with Marcia Baron and Michael Slote). Together, Robert E. Goodin and Philip Pettit are also the joint editors of A Companion to Contemporary Political Philosophy (Blackwell 1993; second edition in preparation).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byPhilip Pettit,Robert E. Goodin
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.