All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Portugal: Politics, Society and Culture is an introduction to the evolution of Portuguese politics, society and culture in the twentieth century. Eminent historians, political scientists and experts in literature and art explore a wide spectrum of topics: international relations, authoritarianism, transition to democracy, social change, ecomic development, colonialism and decolonization, patterns of emigration, problems of national identity and the main trends of twentieth century Portuguese literature and art.
- Author BiographyAntonio Costa Pinto is a professor of politics and contemporary European history at the Institute of Social Science, University of Lisbon. He has been a Visiting Professor at Stanford University (1993), and a Senior Visiting Fellow at Princeton University (1996) and at the University of California, Berkeley (2010). He is the author of The Blue Shirts (2000); and recently edited Ruling Elites and Decision-Making in Fascist Era Dictatorships (2009); and Rethinking the Nature of Fascism 2010).
- PublisherEast European Monographs
- Date of Publication27/05/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEEM Social Science Monographs
- Place of PublicationBradenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEast European Monographs
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAntonio Costa Pinto
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.