All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) is a major flagship programme of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India, implemented since February 2006. Its primary objective is to expand wage employment besides natural resource management for sustainable development that addresses chronic poverty. The programme is also the largest rights-based social protection initiative in the world. This report is a critical assessment of the implementation of MGNREGS, bringing out its promising aspects as well as weaknesses. The document would help officials and policymakers improve planning and execution of the programme. It would guide researchers and activists in gaining insights into the social dynamics of the process of implementation.
- Author BiographyK.B. Saxena did his masters in Political Science from the University of Delhi. He joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1964 and held important positions in the government such as Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Bihar; Head, Land Reform Division; and Secretary in the Ministries of Welfare, and Rural Development and Health, Government of India. He was Principal Adviser to the Planning Commission as well. He authored two reports for National Human Rights Commission, one on the Atrocities against SCs and the other on National Old Age Pension Scheme. K.B. Saxena joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1964 and held important positions, such as Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Bihar; Head, Land Reform Division; and Secretary to the Ministries of Health and Family Welfare and Rural Development, Government of India. He was also the Principal Adviser to the Planning Commission, Government of India. He has authored two reports for National Human Rights Commission, one on the atrocities against Scheduled Castes and the other on National Old Age Pension Scheme.
- Author(s)K. B. Saxena
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSage Impact
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Weight295 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.