All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book combines a number of excellent authors thinking about curriculum. It's a nice blend of kwn authors and newer writers in the field . (Robert C. Morris, University of West Georgia). The range of topics - reading, science, art - makes this a complete and comprehensive reader for both vices and experienced educational teachers and leaders . (Jeffrey S. Kaplan, University of Central Florida). Contemporary Readings in Curriculum provides beginning teachers and educational leaders with a series of articles that can help them build their curriculum kwledge base. This title provides a historical context of the curriculum field, giving educators a solid foundation for curriculum kwledge. It describes the political nature of curriculum and how we must be attentive to the increasingly diverse populations found in our schools. It connects the readings to traditional course goals, providing practical applications of curriculum topics. It covers co-curricular issues, which have become a major contemporary topic within school systems. It enhances the articles with a strong pedagogical framework, including detailed Internet references, questions for each article, topic guides tying each article to course topics, and article abstracts for the instructor. This title includes articles from the following journals: American School Board Journal ; Community College Review ; Curriculum & Teaching Dialogue ; Education & Urban Society ; Educational Leadership ; Educational Policy ; Harvard International Journal of Press/Politics ; Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership ; Journal of Chemical Education ; Journal of Curriculum & Supervision ; Journal of Curriculum Studies ; NASSP Bulletin ; Phi Delta Kappan ; Rethinking Schools ; Teachers College Record ; The American Behavioral Scientist ; The Educational Forum ; The Journal of Social Issues ; Theory and Research in Education ; Urban Education ; and, Youth Violence and Juvenile Justice .
- Author BiographyDr. Marcella L. Kysilka, professor emerita in the College of Education at the University of Central Florida received her bachelor's degree from Ohio State University; her master's from Kent State University and her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Kysilka has held many leadership roles in professional organizations including the presidency of Kappa Delta Pi and editor of The Educational Forum, Board of Directors and Leadership Council of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development and associate editor of the Journal for Curriculum and Supervision, President of Florida Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, President of the International Study Association for Teachers and Teaching, and Executive Secretary of the American Association for Curriculum and Teaching. Dr. Kysilka currently serves as editor of the Florida Educational Leadership journal. Dr. Kysilka has published over 60 journal articles and eight books. While at the University of Central Florida, Dr. Kysilka served as a full professor in the Educational Studies department, as Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, as Director of Educational Research, as Assistant Chair to the Educational Studies Department and as Coordinator of the Curriculum and Instruction Doctoral Program. She currently is a consultant with P.A.C.E. High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, a school for underachieving inner city students and teaches part-time for the College of Mt. St. Joseph.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight703 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBarbara Slater Stern,Marcella L. Kysilka
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.