All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully integrated text/workbook/software package lets students experience the challenge and excitement of doing real social research. The textbook provides a highly readable introduction to the fundamental processes and techniques of contemporary research - without the usual overload of obscure terms and rarely used methods. From the beginning of the textbook, discussions of data analysis are integrated with explanations of the research process. In this way, students understand the purpose behind - and the end result of - the techniques they learn. They stay focused on the 'big picture.' The accompanying workbook, written by Michael Corbett and Lynne Roberts, allows students to receive hands-on training and practical experience in doing social research. This collection of computer-based exercises requires students to think like social scientists. They work through the same questions, problems, and issues that researchers face. Social Research Using MicroCase provides the flexibility for a course, whether it follows a 'lecture-and-test' format or includes independent research projects.
- Author BiographyRodney Stark is a renowned scholar and researcher, and is recognized as one of the foremost sociologists working in the field of sociology of religion. Professor Stark has published more than 140 articles and 27 scholarly books that have won numerous awards and acknowledgements, including a Pulitzer Prize nomination. He is also known as a pioneer in the technology field. He co-founded the MicroCase Corporation, which is now a part of Thomson Wadsworth. With his background in journalism, it isn't surprising that in addition to receiving praise for his unique approach to sociology, he's received praise for having one of the better-written texts on the market. Michael Corbett received his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa. He was professor of Political Science at Ball State University, where he taught courses covering an introduction to Political Science, research methods in Political Science, and public opinion. He was the author of numerous scholarly articles and of several books: POLITICAL TOLERANCE IN AMERICA: FREEDOM AND EQUALITY IN PUBLIC ATTITUDES (New York: Longman, 1982); AMERICAN PUBLIC OPINION: TRENDS, PROCESS, AND PATTERNS (New York: Longman, 1991); SOCIAL RESEARCH USING MICROCASE(R) (co-authored with Lynne Roberts ) (Bellevue, WA: MicroCase Corporation, 1998); and POLITICS AND RELIGION IN THE UNITED STATES (co-authored with Julia M. Corbett) (New York: Garland Publishing, 1999). Professor Corbett passed away in November of 2001 after battling cancer. His many years of service to the Research Methods book remain evident on every page and will continue for many editions to come.
- Author(s)Lynne Roberts,Michael Corbett,Rodney Stark
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2002
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1020 g
- Width206 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.