All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Spain provides an accessible introduction to the politics, ecomy, institutions media and cinema of contemporary Spain. This fully revised fourth edition includes new material that makes this the most comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date account of the situation in Spain at this juncture Key features include: * accessible and authoritative background information ideal for the n-specialist language student * each chapter contains a Spanish/English glossary giving guidance on the use of specialist terms in context along with further reading * ideal starting point for more in-depth study. New to this edition: * coverage brought up-to-date to include the current ecomic crisis, related austerity measures and social difficulties * new section on the changing public perception of the Spanish monarchy and significant new cases of corruption * several chapters expanded to include key topics such as the role of the Internet and social media, key ecomic issues currently facing the country, youth employment and civil discontent *'Spain in the Contemporary World' thoroughly revised to include a more comprehensive account of the relationship between Spain and the EU and other parts of the world * new chapter on 'The Media and Film' covering covering the most relevant directors and films in contemporary Spanish cinema. This chapter also includes a discussion on the regional differences and cultures of the various automous communities. * Suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter. Contemporary Spain is an invaluable resource for all undergraduate students on Hispanic Studies courses. The authoritative background information provides a solid foundation and a springboard for further study.
- Author BiographyChristopher J. Ross is Senior Lecturer at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. Bill Richardson is Professor and Head of Spanish at the National University of Ireland, Galway. Begona Sangrador-Vegas is Lecturer in Spanish at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Author(s)Begona Sangrador-Vegas,Bill Richardson,Christopher Ross
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note17 black & white tables
- Weight820 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.