All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Upholstery combines straightforward upholstery techniques with advice on choosing and styling fabrics, inspiring people to rescue and revive all sorts of furniture. Packed full of fabric advice, yardage charts, upholstery tutorials, and case studies that feature salvaged and inexpensive furniture, this book is the perfect go-to-guide for the many sewers, designers, artists and creative folk who would happily dive into a flurry of fabric, staples, paints, and webbing to update and transform pieces of furniture. The first section of the book provides an overview of the tools and materials commonly used for upholstery. The second is devoted to fabric, including detailed advice on choosing and working with fabric. Section three then provides practical tutorials that are technique rather than project driven and range from quick makeovers to simple solutions for processes like webbing and springing. Twelve case studies are included, all from designers who have taken the plunge and successfully re-upholstered their home furniture. They explain their fabric and colour choices, the challenges faced and offer valuable money- and time-saving tips for stunning results.
- Author BiographyHANNAH STANTON is a London based designer and upholsterer. Most recently she won the Heico Competition for upholstery and came second at the New Designer Britain Awards 2011 for her utility furniture inspired fabric.
- Author(s)Hannah Stanton
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note300 photographs
- Width198 mm
- Height248 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.