Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Nov
- AU $205.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary World Architecture is a comprehensive survey of international architecture from the late 1960s to the end of the twentieth century, offering a critical study of the social, cultural and political changes that have shaped the built environment. Continual advances in building techlogy, shifting demographics and increasing levels of global communications have a continuing impact on architectural ideology and building types. This extensive volume is divided into 13 chapters, each organized typologically by building function: Visual Arts, Performance, Learning, Religion, Consumerism, Living, Workplace, Industry, Leisure, Transport, Sport, Civic Realm and Towers. It presents over 660 recent public and private buildings by many of the world's key protagonists, examining the evolution of new architectural solutions from the late 1960s to the end of the century. Now available for the first time in paperback, this intricately illustrated and rigorous critique will provide a stimulating and invaluable reference book for a wide audience.
- Author BiographyHugh Pearman is a London-based writer, broadcaster and lecturer. He has been architecture and design critic for The Sunday Times since 1986, and contributes to numerous other newspapers, magazines and journals worldwide. He is also the author of Equilibrium: the Work of Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners, also published by Phaidon.
- Author(s)Hugh Pearman
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note1004photos(1001 colour ) , bibliog , chronology, index
- Weight2994 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine50 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.