All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWHEN IVAN WELLAND discovers that the freedom of the press provision of the Bill of Rights is about to be exploited by an international media conglomerate, he is forced to come to terms with what may be some basic flaws in the American democratic system. His investigative team delves into the world of international mergers and acquisitions, and discovers that the people in control of words and graphics can be at least as worrisome to the Department of Defense as terrorists armed with guns and bombs. Is the media obligated to report the truth, or does the First Amendment protect a reporter's right to twist the facts? Is America what it was meant to be, or is it only a reflection of the hidden agendas of various interested parties? In this fourth political thriller by Aidan de Vries, hero Ivan Welland is cast into a dangerous void where appearance and reality become blurred. The reader is challenged, along with Ivan, to re-examine the meaning and perception of truth, and how it should be presented to the public.
- Author(s)Aidan De Vries
- PublisherErser and Pond Publishers Ltd.
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintErser and Pond Publishers Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.