CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $34.49Trending at AU $39.23
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.22
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.04
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.45
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly two centuries, the authorship of William Shakespeare's plays has been challenged by writers and artists as diverse as Sigmund Freud, Mark Twain, Henry James, Helen Keller, Orson Welles, Malcolm X, and Sir Derek Jacobi. How could a young man from rural Warwickshire, lacking a university education, write some of the greatest works in the English language? How do we explain the seemingly unbridgeable gap between Shakespeare's life and works? Contested Will unravels the mystery of Shakespeare's authorship, retracing why and when doubts first arose, what's at stake in the controversy for how we value Shakespeare's achievement, and why, in the end, there can be doubt about who wrote the plays.
- Author BiographyJames Shapiro is the Larry Miller Professor of English at Columbia University and the author of four books, including A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare: 1599, which won the BBC Samuel Johnson Prize in the United Kingdom. Wanda McCaddon has narrated well over six hundred titles for major audio publishers and has earned more than twenty-five Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine. She has also won a coveted Audie Award, and AudioFile has named her one of recording's Golden Voices.
- Author(s)James Shapiro
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Wanda McCaddon
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.