All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe world increasingly relies on groundwater resources for drinking water and the provision of food for a growing population. The utilization of aquifer systems also extends beyond freshwater supply to include other resources such as heat extraction and the storage and disposal of substances. Unlike other books about conflict resolution and negotiations over water resources, this volume is unique in focusing exclusively on conflicts over groundwater and aquifers. The author explores the specific challenges presented by these hidden resources, which are shown to be very different from those posed by surface water resources. Whereas surface watersheds are static, groundwater boundaries are value-laden and constantly changing during development. The book describes the various issues surrounding the governance and management of these resources and the various parties involved in conflicts and negotiations over them. Through first-hand accounts from a pracademic skilled in both process and substance as a groundwater professional and professional mediator, the book offers options for addressing the challenges and issues through a transdisciplinary approach.
- Author BiographyW. Todd Jarvis, PhD, is Interim Director of the Institute for Water and Watersheds at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon, USA. He is a consulting groundwater hydrologist with nearly 30 years of experience and specializes in dispute prevention and conflict resolution related to groundwater resources and water well construction.
- Author(s)W. Todd Jarvis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarthscan Water Text
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.