All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinued is a selection of poems by Piotr Sommer, spanning his career to date. A kind of poetic utterance, these talk poems are devoid of any singsong quality yet faithfully preserve all the melodies and rhythms of colloquial speech. Events and objects of ordinary, everyday life are related and described by the speaker in a deliberately deadpan manner. Yet a closer look at the language he uses, with all its ironic inflections and subtle intermeanings, reveals that the poem s message should be identified more with the way it is spoken than with what it says. The poems in this volume were translated into English with the help of other table poets, writers, and translators, including John Ashbery, D.J. Enright, and Douglas Dunn.
- Author BiographyPIOTR SOMMER is a poet and translator of English, Irish, and American poetry. He is the author of eight books of poetry, including one in English, Things to Translate (1991), and two books of essays. Sommer lives outside Warsaw and works for a magazine of international writing. AUGUST KLEINZAHLER is a widely-published poet whose most recent book is The Strange Hours Travelers Keep (2003).
- Author(s)Piotr Sommer
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWesleyan Poetry
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Weight200 g
- Width169 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.