All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a CPD resource for all teachers in the lifelong learning sector that introduces the idea that every teacher can develop their role through their workloads. New qualifications for those teaching and training in the FE sector became effective in September 2007. The reform of initial teacher training and the professionalisation of the workforce in the sector require a commitment to engage in continuing professional development. The rational for the book is contained in the argument that improvement of quality in teaching and learning in the sector is t achieved exclusively through short-term external professional development and training activities. Moreover it requires ongoing workplace learning which is long-term in focus and practice-orientated and work-based. In order to improve future practice it needs to be embedded in critical reflection and evaluation of workloads. The purpose of the book is to introduce the tion that there is an opportunity for every teacher to develop their role through their workloads, e.g. workloads are a vehicle for professional development. Ways to achieve this are identified by exploring the practice of experienced and successful teachers. The author then goes on to offers guidelines for promoting constructive practice, which is using the outcomes of reflection in the workplace to achieve role development.
- Author BiographyDr Angela Steward has taught for over thirty years in the FE sector. She now teaches Education Studies at City College Norwich, UK.
- Author(s)Angela Steward
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/10/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.