Continuing the Struggle for Justice: 100 Years of the National Council on Crime and Delinquency by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn October of 2006, NCCD will celebrate 100 years of excellence. This book is a collection of essays that represents the historic best of the NCCD Board and staff.
- Author BiographyBarry A. Krisberg (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is a Senior Fellow at the Chief Justice Earl Warren Institute on Law and Social Policy at the University of California, Berkeley Law School and a Lecturer in Residence at in the Juris Doctor Program at Berkeley Law. He is known nationally for his research and expertise on juvenile justice and corrections issues and is often called upon as a resource for professionals, foundations, and the media. Dr. Krisberg was appointed by the legislature to serve on the California Blue Ribbon Commission on Inmate Population Management. Past president and fellow of the Western Society of Criminology, he was Chair of the California Attorney General's Research Advisory Committee. Dr. Krisberg was appointed to chair an Expert Panel to investigate the conditions in the California youth prisons. His many books and articles include Juvenile Justice and Continuing the Struggle for Justice, both published by SAGE. Susan Marchionna has a varied background in writing, publications, and communications in the criminal justice field. She has most recently consulted with the Earl Warren Institute on Law and Social Policy at UC Berkeley on a number of projects, such as developing evidence-based policy and procedures for the San Francisco Adult Probation Department. Other Warren projects include a probation caseload survey, evaluations of the Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative, and brief analyses on policing and crime in California cities. In addition, Susan has worked with the MOSS Group on publications projects related to PREA compliance and sexual safety in institutions, She is serving as the Technical Editor for a new Desktop Guide Series being produced by the Nation Partnership for Juvenile Services in conjunction with OJJDP. Prior to her current consulting work, Susan was the Director of Communication at the National Council on Crime and Delinquency (NCCD). There, she helped develop a series of Focus publications on various research topics. For the NCCD Centennial, Susan edited a collection of essays entitled, Continuing the Struggle for Justice. Susan is a graduate of UC Santa Cruz and a long-time resident of the San Francisco bay area. Christopher Baird served as executive vice president of NCCD, directing the Midwest Office, from 1985 through 2010 and now serves as director of research. He has designed risk assessment, classification, and case management systems for child welfare, adult probation and parole, and juvenile justice systems. He developed and managed the National Institute of Corrections Model Probation and Parole program, which was implemented in 31 state agencies and hundreds of county probation departments throughout the United States. Chris served as principal investigator on two grants from the National Institute of Justice, including a comprehensive evaluation of the Florida Community Control Program. From 1990 to 1997, he directed NCCD's Children's Research Center, which developed risk assessment and decision-making systems used in child protection services for more than 50 state and county agencies in the United States and Australia. He and colleagues wrote a comprehensive evaluation of the system in Michigan assessing its impact on subsequent abuse and neglect. He directed and authored a national study funded by the Office of Child Abuse and Neglect (OCAN) that compared CPS risk assessment systems in four jurisdictions. He is currently conducting research for the Casey Foundation's workforce initiative.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBarry Krisberg,S. Christopher Baird,Susan Marchionna
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.