All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe general view of Russell's work amongst philosophers has been that repeat- edly, during his long and distinguished career, crucial changes of mind on fun- damental points were significant eugh to cause him to successively adopt a diversity of radically new philosophical positions. Thus Russell is seen to have embraced and then abandoned, amongst others, neo-Hegelianism, Platonic re- alism, phemenalism and logical atomism, before settling finally on a form of neutral monism that philosophers have generally found to be incredible. This view of Russell is captured in C. D. Broad's famous remark that Mr. Russell pro- duces a different system of philosophy every few years ... (Muirhead, 1924: 79). Reflecting this picture of Russell continually changing his position, books and papers on Russell's philosophy have typically belonged to one of two kinds. Either they have concentrated on particular periods of his thought that are taken to be especially significant, or, accepting the view of his successive conversion to dis- tinctly different philosophical positions, they have provided some account of each of these supposedly disconnected periods of his thought. While much good work has been done on Russell's philosophy, this framework has had its limitations, the main one being that it conceals the basic continuity behind his thought.
- Author BiographyPaul J. Hager was awarded the 1996 BRS Book Award for Continuity and Change in the Development of Russell's Philosophy.
- Author(s)Paul J. Hager
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- Series TitleNijhoff International Philosophy Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 50
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight488 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.