All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionContinuum follows the path taken in Take My Word for It , with poems written in her original English. As in her translated Romanian poems, Nina Cassian is a born lyric story-teller. Many of her poems take the form of short fables or even parables, fashioned with a unique blend of fantasy, seriousness and humour. The section titles ( Remember , Creatures from Inner Space , Travelling , Homages , Love's Boomerang , Finale ) give an idea of the book's range and her capacity for striking turns of phrase, but do t suggest the expressive power which reaches new heights in the longer poem Interpreting Bach .
- Author BiographyBorn in Romania in 1924, Nina Cassian has published over sixty books, including works of fiction and children's books. She is also a composer and translator (notably of three Shakespeare plays), and was a journalist and film critic. She has lived in New York City since 1985, when she remained in the West for fear of reprisals from the authorities in the then coummunist Romania of Ceausescu. Her work is now published again in Romania.
- Author(s)Nina Cassian
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.