All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beauty and endless mysteries of mathematics are central to this work of fiction. Continuums is partly about the resolution of Cantor's Conjecture, or the Continuum Hypothesis partly about people trapped in their own worlds, unable to find a way out. Alexandra is a brilliant mathematician whose career and family unravel following the flight of her brother from Communist Romania. She finally departs for North America and leaves be-hind her husband and daughter. Asuero Aroso is Alexandra's first mentor and, then, colleague. An extraordinary but obscure mathematician stuck in Romania, he is a Sephardic Jew, born in Istanbul, a former student of the eminent David Hilbert in the days when Gottingen was the world centre of mathematics. His is the story of a young genius, of an incompatible and unhappy marriage, of an epochal mathematics discovery left unheralded, of a man caught in an absurd and cruel political system. Robert Carr has created a bold, imaginative and engaging vel.
- Author BiographyBorn in Bucharest, Romania, Robert Carr fled from the Communist regime at the age of twenty-four. He then moved from France to Israel and then settled in Canada. He was trained as an engineer and worked in the aerospace industry. He now writes full time and lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Robert Carr
- PublisherMosaic Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMosaic Press
- Weight312 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.