All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the relationship between morality and rationality in the context of historical and present-day contractarian ethics. From Rawls to Gauthier, contractarians have attempted to construct their methodological foundations on the theory of rational choice. Through a careful study of the nature and limits of the theory of rational choice, Jung Soon Park argues that the theory cant provide the reliable foundations for contractarian liberal ethics. Consequently, the author takes seriously the question about the future of contractarian liberal ethics: Is it the end or can there be a transformation?
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jung Soon Park studied philosophy at Yonsei University in Seoul, where he obtained an M.A., and at Emory University in Atlanta, where he obtained a Ph.D. His specialty is moral and political philosophy. He is a part-time lecturer in the Department of Philosophy at Yonsei University. Contractarian Liberal Ethics and the Theory of Rational Choice is his first book.
- Author(s)Jung Soon Park
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1992
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number122
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight580 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.