All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInsightful and comprehensive and covering new subjects like globalization and IT, this text, international in its approach, provides a thorough introduction to the key phases of the contracting process and the skills required by managers in its implementation. These include: * policy for contracting * strategic purchasing * understanding markets * communicating the contracting decision * designing and drafting the contract * the role of the consumer * the regulation of service provision Illustrated throughout with practitioner case-studies from a range of OECD countries, this book presents an important new theoretical 'contract management model' and a 'mature contract model', and explores the mechanisms, formal rules and informal rms that influence the way governments contract for public services. This book is essential reading for all students of public management and all public service managers.
- Author BiographyCarsten Greve is Professor of Public Management and Public-Private Cooperation at the International Center for Business and Politics, Copenhagen Business School. He is the author of numerous scholarly articles and several books, including The Challenge of Public-Private Partnerships: Learning from International Experience (co-edited with Graeme Hodge). He is also the vice-study leader for the MPA programme at the Copenhagen Business School.
- Author(s)Greve Carsten
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Masters in Public Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.