All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCiaran O'Conr looks at how gaming and addiction have come together so rapidly in recent years. Mobile based gaming and free-to-play games have revolutionised the gaming world - but what are the implications of this? And how does it affect current thinking on addiction? Control the Controller addresses gamers, their families, mental health professionals and game developers in this thorough and fascinating discussion of the nature of video game addiction. Many questions are answered including how we can recognise a gaming addiction, what causes it, and what we can do to return an addict to healthy behaviour. A step by step process for this is outlined by the author, making this an invaluable title for all affected by video game addiction and all those who encounter it. The disease model, the addictive personality and the indications from neuroscience are all considered before looking at gaming addiction as an escape from distress - the book's chosen stance on addiction. This is then expanded upon by looking at how pressures, both internal and external, can encourage a flight into games.
- Author BiographyCiaran O'Connor is a counsellor and psychotherapist who has worked with both gamers and games designers. He has written extensively online and in journals and he lives and works in Brighton, England.
- Author(s)Ciaran O'Connor
- PublisherFree Association Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFree Association Books
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.