All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOptimism that communicable diseases are longer a threat is clearly misplaced. New diseases, such as HIV, have appeared and some chronic conditions, such as gastric ulcers, have been shown to be caused by infectious agents. This book is about controlling such diseases, a task that is impossible without surveillance, kwledge of basic microbiology and multi-disciplinary public health teams. The book examines the challenges facing different countries regarding: Surveillance; Outbreak investigation; Vaccines; and Specific infections including hepatitis, TB, influenza and gastroenteritis. Series Editors: Rosalind Plowman and Nicki Thorogood.
- Author BiographyProfessor of Public Health and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He specialises in the epidemiology of infectious disease, especially surveillance, although he has also published widely on outbreaks and vaccines. His other professional interests include the hygiene of skin piercing, and he has produced national guidelines for acupuncturists, tattooists, body piercers, ear piercers, beauty therapists and hairdressers.
- Author(s)Norman D. Noah
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width67 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.