Controlling Corporate Legal Costs: Negotiation and ADR Techniques for Executives by Kenneth J. Thygerson (Hardback, 1994)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManagers in all types of organizations and at all levels of supervision have the responsibility to investigate using negotiation and ADR to determine how they can reduce the harmful impact of litigation. The book deals with recognizing and understanding the problems, costs and reasons behind excessive litigation. The author describes the strong relationship that occurs between improving one's negotiation skills and making use of formal ADR techniques designed to resolve disputes. This book is for managers at the higher levels of supervision and in both private and public organizations, in-house attorneys and attorneys from outside legal firms that service corporate accounts. The author first addresses the issue of the history and reasons behind the proliferation and expense of lawsuits in the business world. A risk-return framework is presented to help managers assess the costs, both direct and indirect, of alternative actions they can take. The impact of wrongful-dismissal suits is given an in-depth discussion. After addressing the traditional client-lawyer model, the author offers tools such as the legal-dispute audit, the manager's dispute resolution decision tree, and detours to lawsuits. A thorough analysis of both negotiations and ADR techniques follows. The book concludes with chapters on arbitration, mediation, mini-trials, and private judging. A list of where to find service providers, professional societies, and research organizations is also included.
- Author BiographyKENNETH J. THYGERSON is Professor of Finance, California State University, San Bernardino. Previously, he was CEO and President of the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. and several other public companies, Chief Economist of a national trade association and member of President Reagan's Commission on Housing. He is the author of Financial Markets and Institutions: A Managerial Approach (1993).
- Author(s)Kenneth J. Thygerson
- Date of Publication26/01/1994
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.