All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe great travel writer Jan Morris was born James Morris. James Morris distinguished himself in the British military, became a successful and physically daring reporter, climbed mountains, crossed deserts, and established a reputation as a historian of the British empire. He was happily married, with several children. To all appearances, he was t only a man, but a man s man. Except that appearances, as James Morris had kwn from early childhood, can be deeply misleading. James Morris had kwn all his conscious life that at heart he was a woman. Conundrum , one of the earliest books to discuss transsexuality with honesty and without prurience, tells the story of James Morris s hidden life and how he decided to bring it into the open, as he resolved first on a hormone treatment and, second, on risky experimental surgery that would turn him into the woman that he truly was.
- Author BiographyJAN MORRIS (1926 ), is Anglo-Welsh and lives in Wales. Educated at Oxford, and a member of the British Army, she has written over forty books, most recently, The World: Life and Travel, 1950-2000.
- Author(s)Jan Morris
- PublisherThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Series TitleNew York Review Books Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New York Review of Books, Inc
- Weight195 g
- Width128 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.