All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionConundrums is a mind-stretch. Encrypting idioms into their typographic equivalents, Harry enlivens our everyday language and challenges readers to see that 'time after time after time' or, at least, 'more often than t' 'the writing is on the wall.' For fans of word puzzles, sudoku, crosswords, and all manner of mind games, Conundrums offers an artfully packaged, cleverly designed new challenge. Drawing upon, literally in this case, graphic puzzles that he began creating as a child, Harry's developed over 100 witty conundrums for this book that will stretch the mind as well as delight the senses. A member of the Alliance Graphique Internationale, a frequent lecturer and contributor to design discourse, an internationally recognized leader in design, and a founder of Lippa Pearce, one of the UK's most respected design agencies, Harry refines the way we see and communicate. Conundrums achieves thing less than changing how we understand and interact with language.
- Author BiographyHarry Pearce studied graphic design at Canterbury College of Art and moved to London in 1982. In 1990, he co-founded Lippa Pearce Design, one of the UK's most respected design agencies. He joined Pentagram's London office as partner in 2006. Harry's work touches many disciplines, from spatial design and identity to print, packaging and posters. He is dedicated to supporting human rights and has produced pro-bono work for charities, including the award-winning Infantry and Burma posters. Harry has won numerous national and international design awards, is a frequent lecturer, and was elected to the Alliance Graphic Internationale (AGI) in 2005.
- Author(s)Harry Pearce
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIt Books
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight381 g
- Width127 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.